Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tickets, muxtape, radio sensation!

Well golly goo, I have purchased myself a ticket to Explosions in the Sky this Friday, and I can'tgetthere. The same thing happed to me with Cat Power earlier this year. Bah!

Also, the semester is almost over.

One word: poetry.

Also, I cannot aquire the bandwith needed to make a muxtape, however, I'm working on it. It will be a glorious surprise!

In other news, my radio show for next year will be censored and musically limited to the 14,812 "alternative rock" songs the station feels will "please" the most "people." But I'm also working on that. If I do everything they tell me to, maybe they will give me an hour a week to play more eclectic music.

Read Chuck Palahniuk

Read Kurt Vonnegut

Read Tom Robbins

Read Don DeLillo

Read Jonathan Safran Foer.

Read Dorothy Day

Read something good and tell me about it.

Also, listen to Apostle of Hustle.




Love, peace, charity, sincerity.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i read choke and another one (something about a plane and the book starts from the end..?) by palahniuk before i decided i didn't like him, i think i started to read lullaby too and i realized he was just too wonka and kind of cheesy to me, y'know. i've read a number of vonnegut books i've liked. have you read man without a country? i couldn't get through the first tom robbins book i tried to read a couple weeks ago, vill incognito it is called, just wasn't feeling it. i have another one, jittebug perfume, so i'm gonna give it another shot. i've read both books my mr. foer and love them. i'll have to check out this dorothy day..

Freddy said...

Yeah, I think I like Palahniuk because I like the way his stories sound like something you would hear about in a tabloid or something. Robbins' best work is Still Life With Woodpecker, and I didn't like Villa Incognito either. Man Without A Country is great, and both of Foer's novels are splendid. Day was a social activist who wrote essays on what it means to take care of the people around you.

By the way; Santogold is Santogood.

Anonymous said...

lucky dragons boys.
number one of my 25 last days in ecuador.
and just make a pile of dem books for mine eyes when i return.
and if yo bored... i have begun my own transmissions in blogland. just like snowmans made out of juggle balls...
http://blueberryoceansandglaciers.blogspot.com/
and muxtape's up...
kimeploke.muxtake.com
and it's lunchtime for leaders.